Monday

Farmer's Market

I am having a blast being at the Farmer's Market!  So far, I have been there for two weeks and have met tons of new people and I love my "next door neighbor" vendor, who I shall call ""Crafts by Sue" (hmm...I really should learn her last name).  Anyhoo, Sue makes the cutest aprons and casserole holders and lots of other great things in awesome fabrics.  She had one absolutely adorable black apron with cute cupcakes printed all over that I had been eying (<---apparently that is how you spell that word!) all day, and I finally caved in and purchased it for myself towards the end of the market.   I will try and post a picture next week of me wearing it...oh yes, and it will be my birthday!
 I really am going to love being out there on my birthday.  I forgot how much I love talking with people and really have found my niche...I have a passion for customer service, I love planning things/organizing things, and I love baking and creating.  My Bella Sweets is all that rolled up into one fun business.  I even got to be interviewed on the radio yesterday.  I think it is safe to say we can cross out radio star from the possibility for future career options.  For my little one or two minute spot, I was so nervous...I even took my business card with me in my hand just in case I forgot my name or something!!!  I wish I was joking...but I am not!  But I am glad I did it...it was fun after it was over!  hehe.

I made some changes in the booth this week.  I created a cute pompom flower garland in hot pink, pale pink and lime green tissue paper that I draped across the back of the tent.  And I purchased some hot pink satin fabric to drape over the green tableclothes I had last week.  After looking at the first week's pictures I realized I needed some color/height/depth to the tables, so I grabbed some boxes and buckets and placed them under the pink fabric.  Unfortunately I don't have the pictures from yesterday's market, but here's a few from my first week out:
Don't you just LOVE my sign?!  My husband made it for me and got the vinyl done here, by Happy Tree Graphics.  Allison's work is so awesome!!!  You can't really see the true colors in the picture, but it's a sage-ish green and hot pink.  The table cloths are same color green and have a sheen to them and pretty scroll work on the bottom. 
Here's what was on the menu my first day out:
  • PB&J: Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Jelly Filling, Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting with a Dollop of Jelly
    • Offered in Regular and Minis
  • Classic: Pound Cake with Buttercream Icing
    • Minis
  • Indoor Smores:  A melted marshmallow sandwiched between two graham crackers, dipped in chocolate sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs
  • Smores on a Stick:  Marshmallow Pop dipped in chocolate and graham cracker crumbs
  • Pink Ladies: Marshmallow Pop dipped in vanilla candy coating sprinkled with pink crystals
  • Oreo Truffle Pops:  Crushed Oreos and Cream Cheese dipped in Chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate or sprinkles.
I was so excited to sell out of everything but 4 mini cupcakes!  Plus I sold one of my canvas pieces.  It was an amazing first day...I couldn't have asked for anything better.  Each week I plan to have a different theme for the sweets.  I think it will be a fun way to let people see what I can offer, and it will keep things fun for me!  Yesterday's theme was "flower garden".   It was actually kinda funny and worked out really well, because my other neighboring vendor yesterday was a florist and had the most beautiful arrangements of real plants and flowers!  Man, how I wish I had some pictures to show you guys!!!  I made roses and daisies, hydrangeas and mums, and my all time favorite...sunflowers.  I also created some (edible) flower bouquets in flower pots...they were too cute!  People kept on asking if they were really cupcakes...I guess because right next door was the real deal.   Maybe some people from the market will post some stuff...if so, I will come back and add pictures. 

The flavors and sweets I offered yesterday were:
  • Flowers: 5 Flavor Pound Cake with Buttercream Icing
    • Jumbo, Regular, and Minis
  • Sour Cream Pound Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Icing
    •  Minis
  • Cookie Sandwich: Large Molasses Cookies with Buttercream Icing and Sprinkles
  • Pink Zebras:  Oreo Truffles dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with pink vanilla candy coating
  • Cupcake on a stick:  Marshmallow Pop dipped in pink vanilla candy coating topped with a sixlet and sprinkles.
  • Easter Eggs and Flower Pops- Fruity Rice Krispie Treats in egg or flower shapes on a stick
  • I also had a Las Vegas Sign cake for a Vegas themed wedding shower that someone was picking up from the market.  Oh my gosh...no pic again!  Maybe I can get one from the shower....I will post when I have it.
Next week, since it will be my birthday...I am thinking of having a birthday theme.  Either that or a Spring/Easter theme.  I have found so much inspiration in bloggyland lately!  Check out my favorites here on my Tumblr site:
www.cupcakemojo.com
BTW, if you go over to My Bella Sweets facebook page and "like" us (scroll down to the bottom of the blog page to click on over) and come by the market this Saturday, April 16th...tell me "Happy Birthday" and get a free cupcake!!!  SHHHH...don't tell anyone...wait...no....that's not right, tell everyone!!!  Hope to see you Saturday!!!

My Bella Sweets

4 comments:

  1. Yay! It's such a treat to be able to get your goodies just outside of our back door each weekend. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday and early happy birthday!!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn....I am so proud of you and all you've done for yourself! You, GO GIRL! I will see you on your birthday and say Happy Birthday, but please don't give me a cupcake :-) I love you!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at Farmer's Market and saw your beautiful cupcakes! Can't wait to try one!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies!
    Joy...you are too funny! Maybe I will save your free cupcake for next week...a "special celebration for doing soooo good during Lent" cupcake!

    ReplyDelete